1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Jays Care Foundation Broadcast Auction – All Access Contest (the "Contest") is open to legal residents of Canada, excluding the Province of Quebec who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (including immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of the Jays Care Foundation (the "Foundation"), and its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest are not eligible to participate. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The "Contest Period" begins at 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, April 15, 2013 and ends at 5:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, April 24, 2013 (the "Contest Closing Date"). Limit of one (1) entry per person. There are two (2) methods of entry:
(a) Mail-in Method: To enter without making a donation, you may enter the Contest by hand-printing your full name, address, city, province, postal code, year of birth, day & evening telephone numbers and email address (optional) and include a 500 word essay on why the Jays Care Foundation is important to the community and mailing it in an envelope with proper postage affixed to: Jays Care Foundation, Attention: Broadcast Auction ¡V All Access Contest, One Blue Jays Way, Suite 3200, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 1J1. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the Contest Closing Date and received by April 20, 2013.
(b) Online Method: Please visit https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/startup.aspx?eid=117525 and make a donation of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) or more to the Jays Care Foundation and you will automatically be entered into the Contest.
(a) There is one (1) grand prize available to be won with an approximate retail value of $5,000.00 consisting of:
4. Draws: On Thursday, April 25, 2013, a Foundation representative shall select by random draw one (1) potential winner from all eligible entries received. The potential winner selected in accordance with the above will be announced during the live broadcast of the Blue Jays vs the New York Yankees, on April 25, 2013. The selected entrant will also be contacted by telephone at the telephone number indicated on the selected entrant's Contest entry. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the total number of eligible entries received. To be declared a winner and claim the prize, the potential winner must:
(a) correctly answer, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical help of any nature that will be asked by a representative of the Foundation over the telephone; and
(b) be eligible according to the Contest rules and sign a Declaration and Release form. The Declaration and Release form requires a potential winner to confirm, except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the prize as awarded, eligibility to participate in this Contest and compliance with these rules and to release the Foundation and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, dealers, advertising and promotional agencies, suppliers of the prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and the independent judging organization, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors and assigns from any liability and damages which could arise out of or are in any way related to the Contest and from the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize.
Failure to comply with any of the above conditions or otherwise with these rules, will result in the disqualification of the potential winner, and a new random draw from the remaining valid entries received would be performed to award the prize and the new entrant selected must be able to be reached in accordance with the above, until such a time as an official winner would be declared. If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in the contest rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the applicable prize.
5. WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest entrants accept and agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, (ii) the decisions of the Foundation and the independent judging organization, if any, which are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest; and (iii) waive any and all claims against the Foundation and its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from their participation in the Contest or from the receipt or use of any prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any prize. Winner grants to the Foundation the right to publicize their name, city and province of residence, photograph, image, likeness, any statements they may make regarding the prize, and/or voice for advertising purposes worldwide in perpetuity in any form of media including the Internet, without any form compensation or consideration, permission or notification, unless prohibited by law.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entries are subject to verification by the Foundation. The Released Parties are not responsible, and may not be held liable, for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials or for stolen, late, lost, damaged, garbled, delayed, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries (all of which entries shall be automatically void and not eligible for a prize). The Foundation and its agents and representatives are not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate transcription or loss or delay of entry or prize reply information, or for any technical or human errors associated with the Contest. If, in the exclusive judgment of the Foundation this promotion becomes compromised in any way, the Foundation reserves the right to withdraw the promotion offer, cancel any method of entry, to void any entries submitted fraudulently, select winners from all eligible entries received prior to the act that compromised the promotion or otherwise modify or correct the promotion within their reasonable discretion.
Major League Baseball game and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Blue Jays, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of any baseball game tickets awarded as prizes will govern in the event a legal game or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Winner agrees to comply with all applicable Stadium regulations in connection with the prize, if and as applicable. Sponsors reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner and/or guest who engages in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at any game, exhibition or event. The Released Parties will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation of Major League Baseball games, exhibitions or events.
Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Contest or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by the Foundation, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Any attempt to deliberately damage the content or operation of this Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the Foundation or its agents and representatives. Any person entering this contest or trying to do so by any means which go against the intention of these Rules and which would be unfair to the other entrants will be automatically disqualified and the Foundation reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law - including criminal prosecution. The Foundation shall have the sole right to disqualify any contestant for violation of these Official Rules or any applicable laws relating to the Contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. The Released Parties (i) make no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning any prize, and (ii) disclaim any implied warranty.
The Foundation reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest, cancel any method of entry or void any entries submitted fraudulently should unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, the Foundation may elect to identify the winner and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellations.