• Named as Bench Coach on November 26, 2012.
• DeMarlo Hale.
• Played four seasons at Southern University in Baton Rouge, LA after graduating from Chicago Vocational High School in 1979.
• Played baseball and basketball in high school.
• Was selected by the Red Sox in the 17th round of the June 1983 draft and played five minor league seasons as a 1B/OF in the Boston (1983-86) and Oakland (1988) organizations.
• Batted .267 with 26 home runs, 206 RBI and 67 steals in 482 games.
• Has posted a 615-633 minor league record as manager over nine seasons.
• Joined the Red Sox in 1992 as a coach with New Britain after four years instructing at Bucky Dent's Basebal School.
• Managed in the Red Sox system for seven seasons from 1993-99, seeing his clubs reach the post-season three times.
• Was honoured by the Red Sox with the inaugural Edward F. Kenney Player Development Award in 1994.
• Named Midwest League Manager of the Year in 1995 and chosen to manage the AA All-Star games in 1997 and 1999 and was a coach on the US Team at 1999 Futures Game.
• His 1999 AA Trenton squad posted a 92-50 record being selected Minor League Team of the Year by Baseball America...Also earned Manager of the Year honours as well.
• Managed in the Rangers system for two years from 2000-01 finishing second in the PCL East Division in both seasons.
• Was promoted to the Major League staff in 2002 and remained in the role of Firstbase/Outfield Coach for Texas through
• Served six seasons with the Red Sox, four as Third Base Coach (2006-09) and two as Bench Coach (2010-11).
• Was the Baltimore Orioles Third Base Coach in 2012 when the club reached the post-season for the first time since 1997.
• Joined the Blue Jays as Bench Coach in 2013 and this will be his 5th season in that role.