With Memorial Day Weekend approaching, the Orioles are proud to announce their efforts to honor members of our armed forces. The club is fortunate to be surrounded by dedicated military personnel throughout the region, and grateful for all of those who risk their lives each day for our country. Again this season, the club is offering a variety of season-long programs and special days that offer support for and recognition of military members and their families.
MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION ACTIVITIES
On Sunday, May 25, the Orioles will hold a Military Appreciation Day. Pre-game ceremonies include: a pregame performance by the U.S. Air Force Drill team; presentation of the colors by the U.S. Army; a ceremonial first pitch delivered by COL. BRIAN FOLEY, Garrison Commander of US Army Fort Meade 3rd U.S. Infantry Regiment; and the National Anthem, as performed by vocalist SFC APRIL BOUCHER of the U.S. Army Field Band. Nine active duty soldiers will take the field with Orioles players just prior to the National Anthem. The first 20,000 fans 15 and over will receive an Orioles Military Appreciation ripcord bracelet, proudly made in the USA.
ORIOLES MILITARY APPRECIATION PROGRAM
• TICKET DISCOUNTS AT EVERY GAME - Through a partnership with GovX, the Orioles extend a $5 discount off of all tickets for current and former military and their families, available at the Oriole Park Box Office or online at www.orioles.com/military. Other discounts for military members can be arranged by contacting their ITT/Leisure Travel office.
• ACTIVE DUTY SPECIAL OFFER - All Active Duty Personnel are encouraged to show their active duty ID badge to a representative in the Fan Assistance Center in the Warehouse at any home game to receive a complimentary Orioles cap.
• SUNDAY SUITE PROGRAM presented by GEICO - Every Sunday home game, the Orioles, in partnership with GEICO, donate a catered private suite to wounded soldiers and other active duty and veteran military organizations. Guests are also treated to a special player meet and greet before the game, recognition after the playing of "God Bless America" during the 7th inning stretch and will receive Orioles player t-shirts. Participating players in 2014 include ZACH BRITTON, CHRIS DAVIS, TOMMY HUNTER, NICK MARKAKIS, DARREN O'DAY, CHRIS TILLMAN and MATT WIETERS. Participating groups in 2014 include United Services Organizations, Yellow Ribbon Fund, Operation Homefront, Marine Corps League, Unites States Air Force, Fort Meade, and Luke's Wings.
• WELCOME HOME SCOREBOARD MESSAGES - The Orioles are proud to offer free "Welcome Home" messages on Oriole Park's centerfield video board for all active military personnel returning home from duty. To find out more, or to reserve a message for an upcoming game, call 888-848-BIRD.
• MILITARY REENLISTMENTS - The Orioles welcome members of the military who wish to hold their reenlistment ceremony at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. Interested parties should contact Orioles Tours at 888-848-BIRD or email@example.com for information on scheduling a military reenlistment ceremony.
• AT&T MILITARY MESSAGES - AT&T is dedicated to supporting active military personnel, veterans and their families. At each Sunday home game, AT&T and the Orioles invite the family of a deployed military service man or woman to be their guest of the game. During a designated inning, the family is featured on the centerfield video board as AT&T's special guests.
SALUTE TO THOSE WHO SERVE
The Orioles and GovX are proud to bring the "Salute To Those Who Serve" program to Oriole Park to honor local service men and women for their service and sacrifice. During 40 Orioles home games, a member of the U.S. Military (active, reserve, veteran or retired) or First Responder will be recognized on the centerfield video board at Oriole Park for their service to their country and community. Each honoree will receive four tickets to an Orioles game and four Orioles gift bags. Nominations can be mailed to the Orioles at:
Baltimore Orioles / Salute To Those Who Serve
Attn: Orioles Corporate Partnerships, GovX
333 West Camden Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
SALUTE TO MILITARY SERVICE
During the 2014 season, the Orioles and Bank of America are proud to bring the "Salute to Military Service" program to Oriole Park to honor local service men and women for their service and sacrifice. During 20 home games, a member of the U.S. Military (active, reserve, veteran or retired) will be recognized on the scoreboard at Oriole Park for their service to their country and community. A brief bio of the honoree will be read to all fans and each honoree will also receive four (4) tickets to an O's game and four (4) Orioles gift bags. Nominations can be mailed to the Orioles at the address below:
Baltimore Orioles / Salute To Military Service
Attn: Orioles Corporate Partnerships, Bank of America
333 West Camden Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
MEMORIAL DAY UNIFORMS
On Memorial Day, May 26, all Orioles uniformed personnel will wear a special road jersey that features a digicamo pattern designed into the twill (Baltimore script, name, number) as well as a digicamo patterned cap featuring the cartoon bird. These jerseys and caps, which will be autographed and authenticated, will be auctioned on www.orioles.com beginning May 26 at 12:00 p.m. through June 2 at 11:59 p.m. with proceeds going to the Fort Meade Alliance. The Fort Meade Alliance Foundation will use the donation to help with an anticipated $2 million in renovations to a facility on Fort Meade, establishing a Resiliency Center for the entire military community, including Department of Defense employees and contractors.
Welcomebackveterans.org was created to help our brave servicemen and servicewomen successfully transition back to civilian life. On Memorial Day, Independence Day and September 11, the Orioles and other Major League Baseball clubs will support this campaign through various promotional efforts. To date, with support from all 30 clubs, MLB has donated more than $10 million to welcomebackveterans.org, including funds raised from auctions of licensed products and the donation of sales from specially designed caps.
The digicamo patterned caps being worn by Orioles personnel on Memorial Day can also be purchased by fans at www.orioles.com/shop or in the Orioles Official Team Stores at Oriole Park or at the York Galleria, with a portion of the proceeds going to welcomebackveterans.org.
PLAYERS GIVE BACK TICKET PROGRAM
The Orioles will donate 500 tickets (6,500 total) to every Sunday home game to military members in conjunction with Fort Meade as part of the Players Give Back program. In addition, more than 200 tickets have been donated to the following military groups so far in 2014: The Air Force, The American Flag Foundation, The US Army Reserve, MCVETS, Operation Homefront, and numerous military families.
DARREN O'DAY PARTNERS WITH USO AND LUKE'S WINGS
The USO, DARREN and ELIZABETH O'DAY, and OriolesREACH will host a pregame barbecue picnic on May 25 from 12:00-1:30 p.m. to support the troops in the bullpen picnic area. Several current Orioles are expected to attend and an auction will also be held at Gate E from 12:00-3:00 p.m. Net proceeds raised through this event will go directly to USO programs that support deployed troops, military families, wounded, ill and injured troops and their caregivers and families of the fallen.
Again this season, O'Day will make a donation based on his on-field performance to Luke's Wings, a non-profit military organization dedicated to the support of current and former service members who have been wounded in battle. O'Day will donate $50 for every batter he strikes out, after having raised $2,360 for Luke's Wings in 2013 with a $40 per strikeout donation.
Luke's Wings provides families with the means to visit injured service members during their hospitalization and rehabilitation. By purchasing travel agency services and travel tickets for loved ones, Luke's Wings provides an immediate and invaluable service to the families of our men and women at arms while also helping to encourage and motivate the service member's recovery or provide comfort during the final stages of life. Luke's Wings also partners with other non-profits who can provide other free or discounted services, including accommodations, meals and local entertainment.